Our goal is to achieve greater value for the farmers who are the key stakeholders. We are working to multiply (double at minimum) the farmers’ income by accentuating the quality aspect and distributing the premium that consumers are willing to pay for this coffee back along the value chain.
Our value chain focuses on empowering the farmers to ensure quality is built in to the entire process at all points of the supply chain. Farmers are provided with training, support, micro-finance loans, machinery and a guaranteed buyer for their coffee.
Many of the farmer groups subscribe to Fair-trade and Organic certification schemes with farmers benefiting on a pro rata basis from attractive premiums accruing from both schemes
and through a grassroots network of more than sixty farmer groups.
Silver Mountain is working to increase the number of farmers that subscribe to the four sustainability principles through these certifications and to encourage them to;
- Join the now existent co-operative groups that can help with providing start up training and support, advice and enable access to micro-finance loans through a partnership we piloted recently.
- Providing pulpers to the various farmers groups so they can hull their red cherry.
- Supporting the groups to maintain their washing stations in the mountains.
- Renovating an old processing plant to enable farmers bring their produce to us to buy so quality is always maintained.
- Always paying farmers a fair price for their coffee.
Silver Mountain Coffee Ltd brings these high cupping coffees with great taste sensations all the way from the mountain to you. We work with the farmers at source providing them with a fair price, ensuring quality at all stages and in turn providing you with a reliable and steady supply of great coffee. We hope you enjoy the quality of our hard work.
For further information or to receive a sample, please contact us on;
Tel: +44(0)1908 904 225
OR +44(0)7593 371 612